Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Debbie Tell-All

Truth be told: I get tired from being a fan and keeping up with the daily "Joe" news, toggling between Facebook (and all the music mags, blues societies, musician pages, fan groups, and so on), Twitter, BBR, and JB Update blog. And from time to time I joke, "I need a secretary."

It's crazy, but sometimes I feel pressure (from myself) to write an article or post. Like anyone else, I have my days or phases, too. But it is paramount I see this through, to uphold my personal commitment to promote Joe's music/career (a commitment I made in June 2010).
Debbie Tell-All. All rights reserved. 2013.
 


There are days I don't want to write, talk or listen to music. And then, I chuckle out loud and shake my head. Who am I fooling? I'm hooked on Joe! I love his music. I love being involved, being in the "fan" loop and learning something new about this talented young man everyday. It's my hobby, my passion, my outlet, my addiction. I'm a "Debbie Tell-All" and I wouldn't want it any other way.


 I do wonder though? How does Joe Bonamassa keep up the pace? Does he gripe about the daily grind of a demanding schedule that has him circling the globe, sometimes three times in 365 days? Between venue to venue travel, check in, soundcheck, fan Meet n Greets, press interviews (live, phone, and email), the actual performance, and all of the behind the scenes stuff (business meetings, production, and so forth),                                                
he must collapse at the end of the day!

The reality is, Joe is like me in many ways: he's not going to change any time soon. I'm driven to tell the world about his amazing music and he's determined to keep the blues alive through education and dazzling displays of showmanship. He's a professional musician and, he wouldn't want it any other way.

I've previously blogged how March is a big, big month for J & R Adventures and the fans. Joe is currently in the third week of Spring Tour 2013, now in Europe, ending in the USA in May. And around the corner, Joe will make music recording history when he performs four (almost consecutive) shows on March 26, 27, 28, and 30 in London. Each gig is unique! Each night is a different set list with a different band, with one common denonimator, these on-off performances will be filmed for DVD. A 2013 release is planned.

The fan chatter has been robust for weeks. This is not only a turning point in Joe's career, but a defining moment for his devoute fans. So...if you would like to learn more, be sure to visit this blog, or Joe's website www.jbonamassa.com, his Facebook page (musician), my Facebook page (Deb Hebert), or search for Joe Bonamassa "London" on Youtube. Page links are available in the sidebar of this blog.

Also, check out the latest interview with Joe and Classic Rock: The Blues Magazine. I'd love to get your feedback. Feel free to message me.

Yours in music,  DebFromMaine



1 comment: